Odd News ~ UncleGadget's YouTube

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to PSK
Networks since
Sept. 30th, 2004

~Share this page or article on Facebook~

Author Topic: Latest images from Pluto  (Read 10970 times)

Psk

• Administrator
Re: Latest images from Pluto
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »
In this next one, I turn down the reds a little bit to bring out some of the less-red colors.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:13:40 pm »
They released another picture. I don't know why they bothered. It's worse quality than any 3-4 days ago. They say that it takes too much processing power & takes too long to transmit an over 1000x1000 2mb (2000kb) picture at a rate of 2kbs. Well, actually it takes only about 17 minutes at 2kbs. With LOSSLESS JPG compression, one could have made the same image exactly the same quality & size (1000x1000) with only a file size of under 150kb. At 2kbs, it would only take 75 seconds to transmit.

Don't even tell me that the probe can't snap or make a JPG image, because we're not that stupid. You don't spend almost billion dollars on a spacecraft, many years on the trip, where the primary mission will be to take pictures, & not give it JPG capability for a couple bucks more (it adds no weight or space to the craft either... it's software, a program).  Granted it would take 9 hours for the signals to get to earth, but the thing has been transmitting just before the flyby, to just after the flyby. It only had to stop transmitting when it was busy snapping lots of pictures, gathering data, & maneuvering during the flyby. So NASA has been getting at least dozens of images a day from the probe.

In case of a malfunction & failure, it would have transmitted all the images it had before the flyby ASAP, & right after the flyby so they would have the best images before something went wrong.

We ran into the same problem with the Ceres probe still orbiting Ceres. As soon as it got close enough for some really revealing & spectacular images to be seen, suddenly the pictures trickle out to only a couple of images a month that were only slightly better, or worse than the previous pictures. Scientists on the inside, off the record say the probe is snapping lots of cool pictures, but few will ever get to see them, except a few modified/re-touched or blurred versions of them.

Anywho, here's the crap they just released. The first one is exactly the way they released it. the rest are after I tried to enhance them. But the previous pix here are much better than this.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:05 pm »
After working night last night I decided to stay up for the newest pix. They said the data stream of the flyby would arrive on earth at around 2:35am. They said it would take 90 minute to download each 2mb picture. Huh??? These aren't 2mb images even in RAW! And at their 2kbs bit rate, a 2mb image would only take 17 minutes to download. Then they wonder why there there are so many conspiracy theories about almost everything governments, NASA, & the military do. Why BS & lie to us if they don't have something to hide? In the real world if you spewing BS lies, nobody is gonna believe anything you say anymore.

So I stayed up until 9am this morning waiting for new pictures than never came.

Anywho here they are. This first one is the original NASA release.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 06:44:01 pm »
This one is my enhanced view of Charon using my special software & techniques to bring out more detail.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:18 pm »
In this one, I turn down the reds a lot, to bring out the other colors & details more.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:06 pm »
This is the original closeup from NASA of Pluto un-enhanced, just as they released it.

Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:03 pm »
This is my special enhanced version. The original was black & white. What I did was take the image of a blurry color global view of the same area, & overlaid the color of that area it over the B&W area. So although some of the color may be close, it is not 100% accurate & true color.

The more you give, the more we can give back!

PLEASE support our free networks & multimedia with a donation today!

Visitor Map ~ Dots indicate people who visited PSK networks since Aug. 1, 2018. Blinking dots are visitors currently visiting us.

For: science, technology, paranormal, UFOs, aliens, computers, windows, astronomy, physics, & pets.